GALLERY HOURS: Thursday & Friday 11-5, Saturday 11-4, or by appointment, special events, or by chance.
Please call if you're going to be nearby...we may be here...and you're welcome anytime! 716-228-1855
FIND US ON FACEBOOK at https://www.facebook.com/1045egfta/
Artists at 1045
Susie Kelly Flatau • Carol Koziol Clark • Karen Foegen • Eileen Graetz • Loryn Spangler-Jones
Erma Kratzke • Mari' Fine Art • Susan M. Miller • Jon Stafford • Deanna Weinholtz • Bradley Widman • Bill Wilson
Thank you for visiting our studio and gallery store. Photographics 2 is the home studio for Don & Diann Zinteck, 1045 Elmwood Gallery for the Arts, merchandise from the Garden Walk Buffalo, and other studio or gallery events which occur throughout the year. For more Garden Walk Buffalo information, visit website.
- NEWS FOR 2017
1045 Elmwood Gallery for the Arts will continue to expand their presence in the WNY arts scene by hosting artists in all medium...which includes the creation of images or objects in fields including painting, sculpture, printmaking, photography and other visual media...but also includes poetry, film, art performance & installations, culinary arts, and other unknowns.
We are searching for artists who would like to develop themed "Pop-Up/Trunk Shows" as special events or Holiday themed concepts. Most shows are short term 1-3 day events. Please call to discuss your ideas!
STUDENTS - 1045 Gallery tries to reserve 4-5 weeks in the spring for your "Senior" or "Grad Student" art shows as well as a couple of weeks in the beginning of December each year. Call early to reserve space and book your exhibit!
We are looking forward to further develop relationships with an existing core of artists as well as inviting new artists to join our movement in bringing the arts to the public! The "arts to the public" concept includes performance in conjunction with art shows...pop-up shows...trunk shows..student shows...and the like!
Have an interest in showing/performing at 1045...please call to discuss your project. Multiple layers of art and performance are highly regarded!! Poets...YEP! Theatrical Performance...YEP YEP!! Acoustical performance...YEP YEP YEP!!!
Come visit our unique exhibit and performance space...but call first so we can give you our complete attention!
2017 Calendar of Events & Exhibits
- April 26 - May 2 – Andrea Pawarski – Geomorphic Juncture
Student Art Show in Ceramics
Opening Reception: Friday, April 28, 6-9 pm.
- May 3 - May 9 – Master's Thesis Combined Show - Shayna S. Israel & Jessica Rohl
Imaging Aftermath: The Barbwire Language Project - Photo-poem Collaboration by Shayna S. Israel and Jessica Rohl
Ten Thousand Devices - Performance & Visual Art Poetry by Emily de Beer
Saturday, May 6, 2017 – Doors Open: 6:30 pm.
Open Reading & Reception: 7:30 pm.
- May 10 - May 16 – Stacie Hawkes – Textile Print Design
Opening Reception: Friday, May 12, 6-9 pm.
- May 17 - May 30 – Gallery Closed
- June 1 - June 30 – Xiao Yang – Original Paintings
Opening Reception: Friday, June 2, 6-9 pm
- July 1 – July 31 – Cloth Shells – Alex Chorny, Samantha Goeree, Judy Graham, and Amber Lee Williams
Working with tactile memories, the work highlights the visual spectacle of artifacts in both destruction and creation, and the relationship between the body and the land. The body as an enclosure of all things ephemeral, representations of the family dynamic, and a person's existence within a specific time period.
Artist Reception: Saturday, July 15, 2-4 pm
- August 31 - September 23 – Heather Kanazawa - Original Paintings in Oil
Artist Reception: Friday, September 8, 6-9 pm.
- October 5 - October 28 – Loryn Spangler Jones
Opening Reception: First Friday, October 6, 6-9 pm
- November 1 - November 28 – Velvet Air - Mixed Media Paintings – Ginny O'Brien
Opening Reception: First Friday, November 3, 6-9 pm
- November 30 - December 5 – Jacki LaRocque - Drawings
Opening Reception: First Friday, December 1, 6-9 pm
- December 7 - December 12 – Gallery Available for Student Art Shows
2018 Calendar of Events & Exhibits
- April 4 - April 10 – Gallery Available for Student Art Shows
- April 11 - April 17 – Gallery Available for Student Art Shows
- April 18 - April 24 – Gallery Available for Student Art Shows
- April 25 - May 1 – Gallery Available for Student Art Shows
- May 2 - May 8 – Gallery Available for Student Art Shows
- May 17 - June 30 – Michael Morin – New Works
Artists Reception: First Friday, June 1, 2018 - 6-9 pm
- August 29 - September 30 – Carlos Blanco Artero - "BLANCO"
Paintings and Drawings by Spanish Artist Carlos Blanco Artero from Madrid Spain.
Opening Reception: First Friday, September 7, 2018, 6-9 pm
- October 4 - October 30 – Susan Copley
- November 1 - November 28 – Karen Foegen
The Garden Walk Buffalo Store will feature items from this current year's Garden Walk Buffalo as well as inventory from previous years of Garden Walk...including a collection of Posters of our events!
1045, our gallery store, features photography, painting, printmaking, jewelry, ceramics, giclée prints, sculpture, and more...from a collection of artists currently on display and well as artists from previously featured shows and events.
Artists at 1045
Susie Kelly Flatau • Eileen Graetz • Bill Wilson • Loryn Spangler-Jones • Jon Stafford • Erma Kratzke